Please complete the employee application and send it with your resume to:
Soaring Eagle Academy
800 Parkview Blvd Lombard, IL 60148
No phone calls please.
PART TIME SCHOOL NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION
Soaring Eagle Academy, an ISBE approved therapeutic day school in Lombard IL, serving students ages 3 through 21 years old, diagnosed with Autism and disorders of relating and communicating, is seeking a part time certified school Nurse for 10 to 15 hours per week, starting immediately December 2017, to join our growing staff and student body. Seeking applicants with a passion for serving children and families facing the challenges of Autism. SEA is the only school of its kind to utilize a Developmental Language approach implementing principles of the DIR® Floortime model, to understanding and supporting students’ social, emotional and academic development.
- Valid Type 73 certificate endorsed in the area of School Nurse or licensed by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Willingness to train staff regarding relevant policy and procedures
- Willingness to gain knowledge in DIR® Methodology.
- Ability to work with children and families demonstrating patience, kindness, compassion and empathy.
- Appreciate and respect each child’s challenges and accomplishments.
- Appreciate and respect each parent’s challenges and beliefs.
- Willingness to accept and request direction/guidance and suggestions from others.
- Ability to maintain a professional nonjudgmental attitude.
- Ability to modulate and demonstrate affect appropriate to the situation to facilitate learning.
- Review current student files for medical related information and communicate appropriate health information to staff.
- Review new student paperwork for medical related information, monitor all supplies (ex. Epi pen) needed on site and communicate appropriate health information to staff.
- Work with leadership team regarding medical information and medical needs of new students to insure all information and supplies are at the academy.
- Review and monitor medical information submitted yearly for all students.
- Notify leadership team on a weekly basis when necessary paperwork is not submitted.
- Contact parents with medically related questions after reviewing student files.
- Communicate appropriate health information obtained from student files and/or parent report/communication to staff.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines and standards in regard to confidentiality.
- Assist students and their families to obtain optimum health and well-being by education or referral
- Serve as an intermediary between school, home, and private physician regarding health status of students as needed.
- Interpret medical evaluations to parents, and staff and provide an understanding of implications for the educational performance of students. Ensure that all parents feel comfortable with plans in place to care for their child during school hours.
- Provide training for school staff to support children with healthcare needs, e.g. asthma, diabetes, seizures or epilepsy. Ensure that staff feel comfortable with plans in place to care for students with medical concerns during school hours.
- Provide support and advice for parents, caregivers and staff on childhood illnesses and the management and control of infection and communicable diseases
- Develop and provide training related to the facility’s policy and procedures regarding student privacy and dignity, disposal of hazardous waste material, procedures for preventing the transmission of blood-borne pathogens, the use of non-violent crisis intervention procedures and the administration of medication.
- Recommend and implement school policies to comply with established health laws such as immunization laws, communicable disease etc.
- Educate staff in understanding students’ allergies, special diets. Keep up to date lists of all allergies, diet restrictions, seizure plans and medications.
- Review all incident reports.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Immediate (School year runs for 220 days, 181 regular days and 39 summer session days).
SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please e-mail or mail the application and your resume to: Soaring Eagle Academy, 800 Parkview Blvd, Lombard, IL 60148.
Soaring Eagle Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time 1:1 TEACHER ASSISTANT
Full Time 1:1 TEACHER ASSISTANT with passion to work in a special needs school in Lombard, IL serving students with Autism. Experience with children and teens with Autism preferred. Patience and compassion for individual differences of students with special needs and natural desire to engage students in playful interaction and learning. Hold paraprofessional license or a valid teacher/substitute teacher license. Computer skills for Word and Excel required.
Compensation: Hourly rate $15.00 to $17.00 per hour based on level of education completed for 6.5 hours day, 32.5 hours per week, for a 44 week year including regular school year and summer session. : Eligible for medical and ancillary benefits for full time position. Benefits can include medical, dental and vision, with SEA contributing a portion of the total cost. Short-term disability insurance and a life insurance benefit are offered at no cost. Paid sick and personal days to be utilized by employee.
HIGH SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
HIGH SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER WANTED IMMEDIATELY SEPTEMBER 2017